Sunday, August 13, 2006

Japanese Viewpooint

I took this from an article I found written by a Japanese student. An interesting viewpoint

"A Problem for U.S. Teens

"In the U.S., there are many problems in high schools, for example, drinking or drugs, but the most serious problem is alcohol. According to a survey made by U.S.A.TODAY, 58% of high school students drink beer at least once a week and 47% drink liquor at least once a week. However, students are not only drinking alcohol but also using marijuana. The number of students who always use marijuana is also increasing. 25% of high schoolers use drugs at least once a week. Why do they use marijuana? They have social or family problems, I think. What do you think about high schoolers drinking? I don't think that high school drinking is a big problem in Japan.

"Do Japanese Students Have a Drinking Problem?I tried to interview some students in my college. I asked them if there is a drinking problem among Japanese high school students and, if so, why they thought there is a drinking problem in Japan. Most of them said drinking is not a big problem, but if there is a problem, Japanese high schools punish students who are drinking."

No comments: